An Alternative Way To Update Your Kitchen
We all love the prospect of having our kitchens spot a brighter and fresher look every season. However, due to the exuberant price tag, extended period, and stress involved in a complete replacement, most homeowners are usually reluctant about upgrading their kitchens. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t be totally discouraged.
Unique Painting KC believes one of the quickest and cheapest alternatives you can use to upgrade your kitchen in this summer is to paint and refurbish the cabinets. This gives you perfect chance to enhance your kitchen’s look without having to go through the hassle of a complete renovation. This is even better if you already have a nicely structured kitchen layout. Without much ado, below are some of the benefits of painting and refurbishing your cabinets:
- Less Expensive: Buying and installing new cabinets can be very expensive. In fact, they will probably take half of your kitchen renovation budget. By painting and refurbishing the cabinets, you will be using what you already have. Thus, you will be spending a lot less than what you will pay by buying new ones. This will afford you the opportunity to spend your money on other meaningful parts of the renovation project such as enhancing the floor, getting those appliances you have always wanted, or designing another room in the home.
- Neat process: With painting and refurbishing, you won’t need to mess the kitchen. All the work will be carried out on the cabinet boxes on the wall. This allows the whole process to be neat and less messy.
- More satisfaction: Painting and refurbishing the cabinet offers you the chance to have control over the style of your kitchen. You will be able to choose the aesthetic and style you prefer on each of the cabinets.
- Quick process: You can still go on with your daily activity in the kitchen even while the painting and refurbishing process goes on. Most importantly, the process typically takes a very short period. So, you can rest assure that your kitchen life will not be disrupted.
How Can You Get The Best Out Of Painting And Refurbishing Cabinets
Whether you intend to paint and refurbish the cabinet or go for a complete replacement, your ultimate goal should be giving your kitchen a new lease on life at the end of the process. Thus to get the best out of the painting and refurbishing cabinets, we advise you to follow these tips:
- Consider your overall style and design: Be sure you follow only the style that perfectly suits your design choice. You should go for the design choice that will improve your kitchen outlook not diminish. For instance, it won’t make much sense if you paint your dark wood cabinets white when your kitchen features beautiful dark wood moldings and trim throughout. Also, be wary of cabinets that are warped, chipped or have any damages. You won’t achieve much on these.
- Choose your preferred color wisely: Ensure that you take your time in determining what color you want on each cabinet. We recommend that you do not go for white colors. They get dirty and fade easily. If possible, try out swatches on the cabinets few days before you make a choice.
- Employ the service of a professional: Even though painting and refurbishing your cabinet is easy and fun, you need to be cautious of the fact that it requires close attention to detail. To get the best result, you might need to secure the service of a professional interior designer or painter to help you handle the process.
You do not need to spend much to give your kitchen that stunning look this summer. All you need to do is to paint and refurbish the cabinets. You will be amazed at how your old cabinets will be transformed to new.